General competition terms and conditions
- These rules apply to all competitions, prize draws, promotions, giveaways and suchlike that are promoted on and run through our website or social media channels.
- To enter a competition you must enter as directed on our website or social media channels.
- Our competitions are free to enter (no purchase required).
Eligibility and entry restrictions
- To be eligible to enter a competition, entrants must not be our employee, officer or agent, or an employee, officer or agent of any person or organisation involved in the running of the competition, and you must not be a family relation of any such person.
- Entries found to be involved in vote manipulation will be disqualified.
- Winning authors cannot enter the contest more than once with the same story
- The maximum number of entries for a competition shall be at our sole discretion but no less than 10 entries. Once this number of entries have been received, the competition will be closed to new entries, notwithstanding the published closing date.
- Participants may submit multiple entries
- The minimum word count per entry is 500 words, and the maximum word count per entry is 3000 words
- Entries must be written in English, excepting content that is not required to be understood
- You retain all rights to your stories while posted on Short Story Space
Start and closing dates
- A competition shall open for entries at the time and on the date specified on our website and/or social media channels, and similarly, shall close to entries at the time and on the date specified on our website and social media channels. Unless otherwise stated, these times and dates are set to those for UTC (Co-ordinated Universal Time).
- Any entries received before the opening or after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of our control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by us.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of all these terms and conditions.
- Competition entries shall be judged, or winners selected, on the basis of those criteria specified on our website and/or social media channels in relation to the competition.
- If a competition entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements or is subject to any entry restrictions, that entrant shall not be entitled to be adjudged a winner and will not be entitled to a prize in any circumstances.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Winners and prizes
- Competition prizes for each competition shall be specified on our website or social media channels.
- Competition prize winners will be notified of the competition result by email (if address is asked for/provided) or by direct message on social media (winners must therefore ‘like’ or ‘follow’ our social media accounts in order to be contacted about prizes) not more than 60 days following the closing date of the competition, and will receive their prizes not more than 90 days following that closing date.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the prize winner for 14 days but if the winner fails to respond to our notification attempts within this time or provide an address for delivery of the prize or fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements or is otherwise unable to comply with the competition terms and conditions, we reserve the right to disqualify that entrant and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
- The results of a competition will be announced on our website within 60 days following the closing date of the competition. The announcement may include the name and photograph, the town or region of residence and prize details of each prize winner.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
Copyright and moral rights
- You warrant to us that you created your competition entries, that you own all of the copyright in those entries, and that our use of the entries in accordance with these rules will not infringe any person's intellectual property rights or other legal rights.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you irrevocably and unconditionally waive your rights to object to any derogatory treatment of your competition entries.
- We may undertake publicity activities relating to competitions and prize awards. The winner therefore agrees to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of town or region of residence in any post-prize-winning publicity names, surnames, towns or regions of residence and prize details.
- This prize competition is run by Short Story Space Pty Ltd.
You can contact us:
- by email, using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- by direct message on our social media channels.